The Student Online Publication of The King's Academy

The Lion Ledger

The Lion Ledger

The Lion Ledger

New Format for Choir Students

Boys in His People choir weekly have the opportunity to present solo pieces in front of their peers to build confidence and stage presence led by Mr. Nate Adams. This was senior, Kolb Potter’s chance to shine. (Photo Credit: Michael Mehalko)

This year at The King’s Academy, the choir is has new and different protocols in order to remain socially distant. Each day before class, every student grabs a new disposable mask to sing with throughout the class period, and then they dispose them at the end of the period. The males and the females are split into two groups. Females go to the theater with Mr. Snyder, and the males stay in the choir room and train with Mr. Adams. This year may be different than any other, but the teachers have made the very best out of this situation. This year, students have been working on solo pieces to grow as individual soloist as well as being a good choral singer. Mr. Adams has said, “We took a potentially negative thing and turned it into a positive, being able to focus more on individual student growth.” Many students are beginning to excel even more than they did in prior school years. This year they spend more time perfecting and digging into what it means to be a soloist. With auditions coming up soon, students have been working on audition pieces so that everyone can perform thier very best going into their audition.  At the end of each week, students get to volunteer to perform a song that they have been working on throughout that week in front of their peers. Choir may be different, but TKA has made the most of the challenges in order to benefit the vocalists.

“We took a potentially negative thing and turned it into a positive, being able to focus more on individual student growth.”

— Mr. Nate Adams