The DiMino Engineering Program

Photo Credit: The King’s Academy
(left to right) Keith Allen, Frank Dimino, and Randy Martin create the engineering program at The King’s Academy.

Throughout its 49-year history, The King’s Academy has added focused programs that enhance the mission of the school, to raise up Christian leaders who will impact the world wherever they go. The King’s Academy recently found a new home for its STEM and engineering classes in the newly completed the Boswell Science & Technology Center. Mr. Frank DiMino’s recently gifted The Kings Academy Engineering program one million dollars. This very generous gift will greatly grow TKA’s engineering program which, in turn, will provide students with countless more opportunity to explore this limitless career path. Whether students are just interested in engineering just out of curiosity or to actually pursue this field as a career. While participating in the TKA engineering program, students will learn to think critically, work as a team, all while exploring and examining how the math and science they are learning in school apply to work in everyday life in the real world. The program allows students to work on solving open-ended problems, they also learn the engineering design process and apply it to their work. Students are provided with industry-leading technology, software, and tools that some of the world’s top companies use today. The Kings Academy engineering program has been recognized nationally as a distinguished program, by Project Lead the Way. This honor is reserved for 133 schools nationwide. The Kings Academy is raising the future engineers, and thanks to Mr. DiMino, the opportunities for them are endless.