Key Club’s Thanksgiving Food Drive

Thanksgiving is all about being thankful and the students at TKA show their gratitude and thankfulness by giving back to the community. This year The King’s Academy Key Club held its annual Thanksgiving food drive. It was more successful than ever before. This year the high school alone collected 6,754, which’s 443 more than last year and more than the amount collected by both elementary and high school combined last year. Students brought in loads of canned goods and non-perishable foods in order to help those in need. Students came in every morning that week with bags full of goods such as green beans, ramen, mac and cheese, and much more.  On November 8, members of Key Club helped pack up the goods and pack up the truck to send them away. It was very neat that all the students were working together towards a good cause. All the goods went to an organization called CROS Ministries. Their mission is to serve the hungry in the county of Palm Beach. They make a tremendous impact and give out over 100, 000 meals each year. They strive to eliminate hunger. The Key Club was very excited to work with them again this year and was eager to help those in need. President of Key Club, Jesse Hernandez, says “It’s been incredible to witness the compassion and generosity of the TKA student body during this time of year. We give those in need something to be thankful for, and in return, each of us receives the opportunity to share God’s love.” This is what Key Club continues to strive towards with projects such as this one. Giving back to the community not only gives other people a reason to be thankful, but it also shows you why you are thankful