The Student Online Publication of The King's Academy

The Lion Ledger

The Lion Ledger

The Lion Ledger

It’s the Most Wonderful Time of the Year

Selected members of the His People Honors Choir on a special run out engagement perform at the Country Club Of Florida. These students brought Christmas traditions to life at all 17 December performances. (Photo Credit: Christina Morzella)

The Christmas season is one of the favorites here at The King’s Academy. During the Christmas season, among the many things going on, the His People Honors Choir goes out into the community to bless others, sing, and show their God-given talent. These run-outs take place almost every day. The Choir usually preforms at high-end clubs like the Sailfish Club on Palm Beach, and even goes to some neighborhood clubhouses as well. Normally, after the His People Choir sings, they go down and greet members in the audience, who light up and love it when they get to chat with them. So many people have said how their days, weeks, or even years have been made by the joy and Christmas music performed for them. This season, the His People Honors Choir got a very special opportunity to go and preform at Radio City Music Hall and open for the world-famous Radio City Rockettes in their annual Christmas Spectacular performance. This was a three-day trip taken from December 6th through the 8th“I loved this trip because the people that went understood me and all wanted the same things as I want in musical theatre. Even though I have only known them for five months, I felt like I was on this trip with family” said Roberta Vaz.