Competitive Cheer Is Back

The The Kings Academy Competitive Cheer team wins their first competition at South Lake High School.
(Photo Credit: Coach Jenn Allen)
The The King’s Academy Competitive Cheer team wins their first competition at South Lake High School. (Photo Credit: Coach Jenn Allen)

This week the competition cheer team is rigorously preparing for their second competition of the season. The competition takes place this Saturday, December 18, 2021, and the team will be practicing all week in preparation. The King’s Academy competition cheer team has twelve members, ten females, and two males. From this number, three stunt groups are formed to compete on the mat. The stunt groups are established and trained by Coach Jenn Allen and Coach Kyler Harley. Everyone on the team has been working hard since the start of the season beginning on October 12th till now, and all the members of the team have grown very close. The cheer team has a very special bond and is truly like a family. Everyone always encourages and helps each other out. Although the cheer team takes quality time during and outside of practice to grow closer, they still practice frequently. Their goal for this week of practice is to perform the entire routine, which is two and a half minutes long and consists of an opening pyramid, an elite stunt sequence, jumps, another stunt sequence, a cheer, dance, and final pyramid, all the way through at once, since this is what they will compete with at the comptition this Saturday.