Night at the Movies Concert

The trumpeters and musicians joined in unison to give praise and thanks to the Lord. Accompanied by trumpets, cymbals and other instruments, the singers raised their voices in praise to the Lord and sang: “He is good; his love endures forever.” Then the temple of the Lord was filled with the cloud, and the priests could not perform their service because of the cloud, for the glory of the Lord filled the temple of God. (2 Chronicles 5:13-14)
Photo Credit: Mr. Brad Person

The King’s Academy’s Symphony Orchestra recently put on the Night at the Movies concert on February 10, 2023.

Pullquote Photo

We like to find unique and different performance opportunities that create an experience and a memory that most programs don’t offer, so we are so thankful that we can provide a concert and a show here at The King’s Academy, a show with these wonderful and talented students.

— Mr. Wes Lowe

This award-winning high school symphony orchestra, under the direction of Mr. Wes Lowe and Mr. Andrew Jeffrey, preformed many of your favorite movie themes and clips including James Bond, Jurassic Park, Schindler’s List, Star Wars, and many more!

For this show, however, the symphony orchestra did not just play the music alone, actually playing along to clips from the movies to which the songs belong. These clips were played behind the orchestra on a massive LED wall display, creating an immersive experience for everyone in the audience as they heard the masterful playing of the symphony orchestra and witnessed the stunning visuals from the movies.

This LED wall display that was used for the Night at the Movies concert is similar to that which was used previously for Ruth, the Sight & Sound show that The King’s Academy got the privilege of performing. It is also the same technology that is used for Studio 70’s virtual production films and will be used in the new Esther B. O’Keeffe Innovation Center. This impressive technology is an amazing blessing to have access to here at The King’s Academy to enhance the experiences created by all the gifted students who attend this school.

About the Contributor
Ethan Bender
Ethan Bender, Editor-in-Chief
Ethan Bender is a senior attending The King’s Academy. He is involved in many organizations at the school including the engineering, film, journalism, theater, and classical programs through classes, extracurricular activities, and clubs. Beyond school, Ethan is also consistently involved with his Church, Christ Fellowship in Boynton Beach, where he primarily serves with the production team as a lighting designer for weekly services and events. Ethan is passionate about anything that deals with technology and creativity and enjoys all the work he gets to do creating and writing. He is honored to have the opportunity to apply that passion to writing as the editor-in-chief of The Lion Ledger.