New and Exciting Beginnings

Photo credit: Tyler Cool
Mrs. Davis, Elementary Spiritual Life Director and High School Latin Teacher

Being a new student is definitely a challenge, but the feeling of being a new teacher or staff member is often overlooked by students. This year, TKA has been blessed with numerous new employees, one being the new elementary spiritual life director and Latin teacher, Mrs. Sarah Davis. Being the elementary spiritual life director, Mrs. Davis oversees the spiritual life of the elementary student body and focuses on the students not only taking educational, athletic, or fine arts value away from King’s, but most importantly gaining eternal value.

Mrs. Davis attended King’s for her freshman through her junior year, but had to leave her senior year due to her family relocating. She and her husband recently moved to Florida because of a job that her husband received as a pastor at a nearby church. Mrs. Davis studied at Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary, located in Texas, earning a degree in Humanities. She then went on to earn a Master of Divinity at the Southern Baptist Theological Seminary located in Kentucky. Before TKA, she worked as a minister and worship leader, and with different ministry focused organizations, such as One Hope.

My favorite part of working at TKA is the students.

— Mrs. Sarah Davis

When asked what her favorite part about working at King’s is, Mrs. Davis replied, “My favorite part of working at TKA is the students. Whether it is teaching in the classroom, hugs in the cafeteria, prayers at recess, or worshiping with students in chapel, I’m thankful to get to be a part of students’ lives. I pray I can help students grow, academically and spiritually.” As stated by Mr. O’Neal, the Director of Student Ministries, “Mrs. Davis is intelligent, loves students, and loves the Lord.” It is no secret how kind and loving Mrs. Davis has been in these past two months starting her new job. Her faith is evident through her everyday walk and her joy of the Lord is contagious. When asked what she is most passionate about regarding the student’s faith, Mrs. Davis responded with how she firmly believes that the Lord can use children at any age, it doesn’t matter how young they may be. She said, “My prayer this year is to be ‘The aroma of Christ to God among those who are being saved and among those who are perishing’ (2 Corinthians 2:15). I want my life to be a sweet incense to God as I am surrounded by those at TKA who know Him and those who don’t. I want to share the gospel consistently and passionately and be an encouragement to those who are growing in their faith.” Her emphasis on what is eternally valuable has impacted the children, along with the whole atmosphere on campus. Although adjusting to a new job may be stressful, Mrs. Davis has been able to fill her role as both the Latin teacher and Elementary Spiritual Life Director with ease and grace.