King’s Kids – An Elite Children’s Choir

The King’s Academy Conservatory is known for the His People Choir, its high school group. They participate in a variety of activities, and go to many local places to sing. However, the elementary choir deserves recognition as well. King’s Kids is the elementary choir at TKA. It is made up of students from junior kindergarten to fifth grade. The children learn how to be good choir singers from a young age: they are taught how to sound like an older choir, by working on their vowels, learning to read music, and developing a love for singing. They are the future of the program, so they must learn early. Mr. Snyder says, “I love watching young children find something new about themselves, and realize they can be good at something they have never tried before, and give them opportunities they never thought possible.”

I love watching young children find something new about themselves, and realize they can be good at something they have never tried before, and give them opportunities they never thought possible.

— Mr. Snyder

This is the mission of the choir. The children are involved in many of TKA’s performances, including Christmas at Kravis, Grandparents Day, and Newsies last year. This year they will be seen in The production of The Hunchback of Notre Dame. The kids are also very excited for their next performance, at the October 5, 2019 show, where Broadway guests will join them. They are ecstatic for this opportunity and cannot wait to show our guests.